Wow, I can not even believe it! I had planned on doing so many things and here we are looking at September. We just returned from a week of a much needed vacation for Terry. He is such a hard worker and I appreciate him so much! He loves his job which make it a little easier for him to wake up at 4:30 every morning! He had been looking forward to this all summer...and in a blink it was gone. We knew the time would go fast, and it did! We headed up to Elk Rapids on one of the beautiful chain of lakes...Elk Lake. I always tell people that it reminds me of the tropical blue waters down south (not that I have ever been) but it is just serene. You get out in the middle of the lake and it is so crystal blue, and clean!
I tried to find some other photos on the internet of Elk Lake. I could not find what I was looking for so I will settle for these ones we took the last day we were there. That is always the case, I do not bring my camera down to the lake until the last day!
My sister Les flew in from California to spend part of the week with us. She came alone with her three children Caleb 5, Aubrey 4, and Kylie 1. She is a saint! I could not imagine doing that by myself. She was not worried at all, and her kids ended up doing very well. I was glad to hear that cause I would love to see her again soon! Arent her kids adorable??
I tried to find some other photos on the internet of Elk Lake. I could not find what I was looking for so I will settle for these ones we took the last day we were there. That is always the case, I do not bring my camera down to the lake until the last day!
My sister Les flew in from California to spend part of the week with us. She came alone with her three children Caleb 5, Aubrey 4, and Kylie 1. She is a saint! I could not imagine doing that by myself. She was not worried at all, and her kids ended up doing very well. I was glad to hear that cause I would love to see her again soon! Arent her kids adorable??
Emma loves babies. She is a great helper to any mommy that has a little one. It is so sweet!
We attempted to get a shot with all 11 grandkids....ha ha ha ha ha!!! That was next to impossible!! The three babies were not cooperative at all. One of my favorite phrases I keep repeating to Terry, oh, next year, think of how much better it will be. Lillian will be a whole year older! We drove a couple miles away to Lake Michigan at a little park in downtown Elk Rapids. We should have just stayed at the cottage that morning:-) We had a beautiful lake in the front yard, and we would not have had an audience watching us trying to tackle our kids to the ground and dancing all around trying to get them to smile!
>
Ohh, one of the days, I had the two youngest napping and the two older ones with daddy tubing. I thought I would take that opportunity to sneak away and go into Traverse. I got a phone call from my sis....ok, WARNING!! THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR THOSE WITH WEAK STOMACHS!!!
Conversation....
Les : Hey where are you?
Jess : Oh out and about, I will be back in about 15 minutes.
Les: Lily woke up.
Jess : Oh, sorry, did she have a dirty diaper?
Les : uh, ho ho ha ha, (to court and carrie) hey guys, she wants to know if Lily had a poopy
diaper.
I heard frustrated laughter in the background.........
What a stinker! It was all over her pack and play, the wall, and light switch. I don't understand toddlers fascination with their feces! My sisters made sure to take plenty of pictures. This is not our first daughter to pretend she is finger-painting with fecal material. Isabelle knew how to get out of her clothes and would take off her diaper in the crib...and yea, you fill in the blank. We would take long zipper jammies and put them on backwards so she could not get them off. I remember even putting leotards on under her jammies, or swimsuits so she could not get off her diaper. As you can see from the picture, Lillian is fully dressed. She likes to stick her hand down the back of her pants or go up her leg on the side of shorts....I could tell by all the brown streaks where she was getting it out....ugh!! I know, disgusting!
Next subject....I love this photo! I have a photo of my three sisters and I when we were all pregnant at the same time. I won't post it because I am sure I would have some pretty angry siblings...but this shot is of all the babes that were in our tummies....just 4 years later. I love it!
Last thing...this time of year is VERY hard for me. I LOVE having my girls home all summer. I love getting to enjoy every day with them and doing different things together. I dread them going back to school...it is such a long day! I had lots of tears last year, I think for most of the first week of school. It is kind of funny watching others expressions when I respond to their question..."So are you ready for school to start up again?" And very quickly I respond, "No!" Sure, the girls argue and fight and get on each others nerves, but that does not make me excited to ship them off to school for the year.....I am choking up just thinking about it. Thank-you my friends for praying for me about this....it is going to be a rough week. I love you guys!
2 comments:
Wow, lots to comment on.
First, I am so glad that you were able to have a family vacation and that you enjoyed your time so much.
Second, I am glad that was your Lily and not mine :)
Third, the pictures are great. My favorite of all 11 kids is the one where they are walking down the beach, away from the camera.
Fourth, I will be praying for you this week, especially tomorrow and Wednesday!!!
Hi Jess! I LOVE the pictures! I have to say that my kiddos never finger painted with their dirty diapers. (thank goodness:) ) Good luck with that!
I have been telling myself and others all week that I'm ready for my kids to go back to school. But here it is the night before and I'm feeling sad. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
Post a Comment