It is sooo quiet in here. I have the two little ones down for a nap and the two older girls are at school. And here I sit at the computer with all of this free time I have right now!
Yesterday was Madelynn's first day of school. She was nervous to go...she asked me the other day if I could just homeschool her and she could just stay home with me....ugh...made me so sad. Well, she was a brave girl. No crying just nerves. I drove her to school because we had no clue what time the bus came...it is actually coming about 15 minutes earlier this year. I was the only mom in her class taking pictures of her...kind of made me laugh. Her teacher is very sweet and down to earth. Madelynn told me some funny stories of what the teacher had told them about the rules they need to follow. I prayed ALL DAY long for her.....about everything!! Terry went to go get her off the bus and she came flying in the house with a big smile on her face, "I had so much fun. I LOVE math"...ha ha. Terry gave her a high five for that because that has always been his best subject:-) Here are some of the photos from that day:
We were waiting in the car, we got there a little too early. We did not get the memo that school now starts 5 minutes later and ends 5 minutes later.
This year they have lockers, she shares one with a little girl named Anna.
They also have individual desks for this year!
This picture was taken last year. This is her best friend Madilyn. There was one other Madeline in her class. They were all in the same class for the past two years. This year, all three of them are in separate classes. I think I was more sad over this than Madelynn. Her response was, "That is ok! I will still be able to play with her at recess!"
Emma's first day was a little different. She woke up with a big smile on her face. She was ready to go! She was really worried that they were going to miss the bus this morning. Emma is definitely my little worrier.
Last year, she only had 13 children in her class! 5/6 girls are in her class this year. She was soo excited. Emma's teacher is the same as who Madelynn had and she was excited about that as well! Here are some of her first day pics...
Waiting for the bus. Not nervous at all.
Aww, I love this picture
There they go!
I met her up at school to take some pictures. These are the girls that were in her class last year.
Still a huge smile plastered on her face!
Now I am off to get some things done before the little ones wake up from a nap!
2 comments:
Jess, I am so glad that the past few days have gone well. I have been praying!
Glad your girls (and you) are adjusting to being back at school. The pictures are adorable. :)
Post a Comment