Our anniversary came and went. It was August 13. That night we had a company picnic that we attended for Terr's work. They had huge blow up toys for the kids and a clown. Madelynn was not shy at all...she volunteered right away to be a helper. The kids loved the little balloon toys they came home with.
We actually celebrated our anniversary on Friday the 15th. Terry received a gift certificate from someone at work for Amway Grand Plaza. With that, we were able to eat a wonderful dinner at Cygnus, and stay in a suite for the night...what a treat! Our dinner was an experience. Neither of us had ever eaten there before and we were not really sure what to expect. It was on the 26th floor of the hotel and there were windows everywhere. It was a fairly small room so no table had a bad view. There were many choices that we would not have normally tried. The food was great!
We had a relaxing time knowing our children were well cared for by my sister, thanks Carrie!!
The picture taken above was the view (you can not really see) from the window of our room. It was beautiful...the sunset was just breathtaking. I kept taking pictures until the sun disappeared. I told Carrie that we need to do that more often....trade each others children for the entire night! Although, it was a little easier to enjoy knowing the entire evening was paid for.
These pictures I just think are funny. Having all girls, I can tell you, I really have no idea all the names for the different types of trucks. I don't even think we have any trucks or tractor toys in our house. The girls had a blast playing and climbing all over the different boy toys. They would ask me, "what is this one called, mom?" I had no clue...
Aww..so sweet!
Maddie, pointing out some special feature on the the tractor.
Isabelle kept repeating, hey check this out, check this one out.
We are awaiting the arrival of our Aunt Leslie and her three kids on Friday morning, we can't wait! We miss them so much! Emma has a countdown chain that she has been tending to every morning when she wakes up. I think she is the most excited.
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful picture of the two of you!
Happy Anniversary, Jessica!! What a great way to celebrate! See you Sunday! Love, Nikki
Jess, I LOVE that picture of you & Terr, it is beautiful! I am missing you already, come back soon from vacation.
Happy belated anniversary, Jessica. May you be blessed with many more happy, healthy years together! :)
Post a Comment