Birthdays are a big deal in our family, and a lot of work! We usually have the parties at my parents house, as it is a little more suitable for so many people. It is also fun to go swimming in their pool afterward! We always have the kids parties on their actual birthday. We are super speedy party throwers, because most of the birthdays land on a weeknight.
About a month ago I asked Isabelle what kind of cake she wanted. When they decide what type of character they want on the cake, that is usually the theme we go with. This year, she wanted her cousin Victoria, and her best friend Bella on the cake. Since they don't make plates, cups and napkins with Victoria and Bella's picture on them, I encouraged her to choose something different. She opted for My Little Pony instead.
Bella, Isabelle and Tori
My sis, Courtney and Isabelle
Kailn, Isabelle, Emma and Tori
Claire and Lillian, I tried forever to get these two to smile at the same time!
Tori said, "O.k. aunt Jessi, take my picture again!"
This year we established the birthday chair. At other parties, the kids swarmed the birthday child as they opened the presents, nobody could see a thing. Great idea Carrie!!
Isabelle kept telling everyone that she wanted a pony for her birthday. She thought it could just live in our yard, and she would take care of it. My mom thought this was a better idea:-)
Isabelle decided to do some face painting with the frosting on her cake. She cracks me up...she knew she could get away with anything on her birthday. She did quite a few things today that we normally would not let her get away with;-) I would overhear her say, "No, only the birthday girl can do that, and I am the birthday girl!" What a stinker!
More face painting took place with the rest of the crew.
Emma, did some with her Superman ice cream.
Mason and Kailyn
Lillian, inside away from the bad influences of the face painters.
Lily was cracking us up. She had to put on another swimmie, and added the goggles to complete her outfit. She was making the funniest faces. Every time I snapped the camera, I had just missed her goofy face.
Natalie, content to just watch everyone swim.
I should have put all those pictures into slideshow...sorry about that! It is late and I am going to bed...it has been a long day! Happy birthday Isabelle, we are glad you were born! (as our college pastor would say)
No comments:
Post a Comment