We were recently asked by our 9 -year-old, "Mommy, how do we really know God exists?" How do you teach a child to cling to the faith they had when they were younger.... I do not want our children to have a blind faith, but a child-like faith. When they are confronted with tough choices in the future, my prayer is that they whole-heartedly cry out to God for guidance because they fully trust Him with their lives. Her little life has not experienced all that Terry and I have and we can no doubt say, "God exists, my sweet girl...we know He does." Sure, I could get into how the Bible is, the way it was written, so incredibly accurate and precise even after many, many years. No other historical documents were written with the specific details as this book was. She will understand this over time...but now, I pray that Terry and I would be living examples to her as to why God exists. This, most of time, is certainly not true of us. We sin...hopefully we are transparent and acknowledge our weaknesses to them.
I am hoping to continue the updates with my blog. Now that I have tried to limit my time on facebook, maybe I will have a little more time to spend on here? It is just fun to go back and look at the events and pictures of the happenings throughout these months. Tomorrow Ava will be 10 months...she has been crawling and cruising for while and two weeks ago she took her first couple steps. She loves to stand and make sure everyone is watching her. She starts clapping and laughing as she tries to steady herself...so cute!!
1 comment:
Yeah! So glad to have you back here! 8 months? Really?
Jess, you and Ter are amazing parents and doing such a wonderful job with your girls. Koby has asked us some of those "tough" questions before and I only wish I always knew the "right" answer.
Can't wait to see you guys on Friday!
Post a Comment