August 7th we celebrated "Bitti Bell's" fifth birthday. She was so excited to have the day all to herself. I can already see her taking on the role as a middle child. Not intentionally of course, but that is what happens in a house with four other siblings. So I tried to make the whole week special for her. I kept asking her what kinds of things she wanted to do on her special day..and she loved being able to make the decisions. We started the day off at the park with a friend from preschool. Then we headed to the John Ball Zoo which happened to be dollar day. Yes, I did know that going in and No, we will NEVER do that again. There were people everywhere. I was thankful that my sis took my two-year-old for me...she tends to be pretty busy. Then it was on to Grandma Storr's for the fiesta. Her favorite thing to eat is cheesy chips (tortilla chips with shredded cheese on top). So for dinner we had Mexican...I couldn't just feed everyone cheesy chips! Isabelle is one of my picky eaters (Lillian is the worst). So you better believe I am going to do everything I can to make sure Ava is a much better eater.
(You may click on any photo to make it larger)
I am back, you probably did not know I was gone:-) I was typing away last night and was interrupted by my 8 year old crying because of a pain in her mouth. Her poor little cheek was swollen out about an inch! I was trying to find out more about Hand Foot and Mouth disease because it is going around....yikes. We headed to urgent care at 9 pm last night. She does not have that, she has an abscessed tooth! She has one cavity there with a filling and it looks like that is the tooth that is affected. She is miserable. She is great about brushing her teeth...Ter and I both have really soft teeth. Poor girl! I am thinking the dentist did not fill her tooth correctly. So off to the dentist we go first thing Monday morning!
Onto Ava Grace....
What you are doing now:
-Trying very hard to roll over.
-You hate being in your car seat! It is somewhat bearable with Emma sitting behind you making goofy faces.
-You still love to be on your tummy. That is how you sleep at night now!
-You are becoming leery of faces you do not recognize. You begin to talk to them and get scared and put out your lower lip out and start to cry.
-You love your daddy and love to listen to his voice through the phone.
-You are sleeping all right...mostly 7 hours at night and sometimes more. One night you gave me 9!
-You are in 3-6 month clothing now but can still get into most of your 0-3 month outfits.
-It looks like your eyes are turning brown and your hair is turning red.
-You still do not take a bottle very well! We are working on this!
-I love to snuggle with you! You love your mommy :-)
Had to put one of her smiling..we did not have any straight-on shots of her smiling.
Oh! And you found your toes!
My next post will probably be after school starts...ugh. I am dreading it. I love having my girls home.....

2 comments:
You have such a sweet family, Jessica! Aren't you glad that we have all summer just to PLAY! I'm lovin' it too!
P.S. Great idea keeping up with Ava's "happenings!" I'm afraid I'm going to have to make some stuff up for mine by the time I get to their individual albums. Maybe I'll just use Ava's milestones. LOL (Kidding of course!)
Can't believe Isabelle is already five!? So impressed that you are getting out everyday with the FIVE of them. Your girls are so sweet! I wish we were closer. We are working on that. Nothing yet though. Thanks for the updates!
Post a Comment