Just a quick update before we head out to California. We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday. It does not matter how many children you have or how many ultrasounds you have, but seeing your sweet baby all snuggled up in your womb overwhelms me with emotion. I LOVE it!! How can anyone mistake this miraculous process as something steming from evolution?? Every organ system that has to be working a certain way, or it just does not function. I have heard many stories of physicians, that while going through med school, study and analyze the human body and are convinced that there has to be a creator.
I can not believe we made it through the entire ultrasound without asking to know the gender! We told her from the beginning that we did not want to know. She informed us that we should probably turn our heads as she was measuring the femur....so we did. I asked if she could tell and she said "yes". Then that was it! Whew....now we can wait four more months to find out! We are both very excited and neither one of us have a clue what it is. (Of course girl is always in the forefront of our mind!) I tried straining my eyes to see if I could see anything, but we were dealing with a seasoned ultrasound tech. She was fast... I am off to pack and clean, clean, clean, before we head out this afternoon! Please pray for our flight! We leave at 8pm. and then head home on Tuesday next week with our flight leaving at 1am Michigan time. Lillian is my wild card....I pray that the girl just sleeps!

3 comments:
I can't wait to meet this baby, girl or boy! I am so glad that your baby is healthy and growing strong!
"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Have fun in California!!!
Love the ultrasound pics Jess! Did you and Ter find out the sex of your babies on all the other ultrasounds? We did for Koby and did not for Ky. I loved not knowing (although I do think as moms we kind of have a bit of a feeling even w/o the help of an ultrasound). Have a blast in CA! We most definitely want to get together again soon. Let me know what you guys would be up for, just adults or kiddos too. Perhaps the Marshalls could join us too!
Kevin wanted me to put in his vote, "It's a boy."
Post a Comment