I am not sure why life seems like it is on fast forward lately. The weeks just seem to fly by with so much left undone. I told Terry I wanted to put up my Christmas decorations now because Christmas was going to come and go like it does every year. Next week I think I will start hauling all the boxes out!
We enjoyed a quick visit from my sister and her family from California, earlier this week. They are still pretty close as they are in Chicago right now with Robert's (my bro-in-law) twin brother. It just so happens that I will be in Chicago this weekend for a Kay Arthur workshop, so they have graciously offered to take my older girls with them. I will pick them up Saturday night when I head back to Michigan. I sound like a broken record to my husband, "I miss the girls so much!" What has been pretty neat though is to see Isabelle come out of her shell. She loves being the oldest at home right now. She has been so helpful with Lillian and has loved the time that just the two of them have. I do not think I have ever heard Lillian laugh so hard because of all the goofy things Isabelle does to entertain her. My sister and Robert leave on Sunday to head back to the beautiful 80 degree sunny weather. Whoa, flying with three young children..overwhelms me just thinking about it!
My friend Kristin encouraged me to go to a website she follows called Bring the Rain. (Just click on the title, for some reason, it does not come up a different color) I have visited the site a few times and have been very moved by this woman's heart. She is the wife of the lead singer of Selah. She has had quite a testimony through the death of their precious baby girl. I also have the link on the right side of my blog. So, anyway, Kristin had told me about these 7 prayers that this author has put together to pray for her children. VERY powerful. She choose seven different time frames in her children's day and has found verses that she prays back to God for her children. I am excited to follow her lead and purposefully pray for our children. Terry and I both pray for the girls, about many different things. But there is just something powerful about praying God's promises back to Him reguarding these little blessings He has entrusted to us. I encourage you to check it out!
1 comment:
Hey...I've been following, "Bring the Rain" since April! She has made me cry, laugh, and I always feel challenged by her. It's wierd but I am starting to feel like I know her. Blogland is a crazy thing. I'm glad you are encouraged by her challenge of praying seven prayers for your children.
Post a Comment