Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Hayrides and a Surprise

We ventured to Post Family Farm twice in one week. Isabelle had a field trip for preschool on Wednesday and then Friday night we headed there with our small group from church. Cider and two warm pumpkin doughnuts....that was the part I remembered! We had a good time both days, it was not too cold and thankfully it did not ran for either. Isabelle loved having me come along and not have to share me that morning with her sisters. It was great getting to spend time with our friends from church too. It just cracks me up all the kids we all have together! Here are some of the picture highlights.....

And now for the surprises...

Terry and I found out over a month ago that we are expecting baby number 5. We were very shocked to say the least, as four was always going to be our number:-) God had another plan for us and, of course, we were very excited! We had waited to tell most people because of our two previous miscarriages. A few days ago, we had a little twist. I had started with some severe cramping and then basically lost all of my pregnancy symptoms. I will spare the details. I was convinced that we had in fact had another miscarriage. I was only 9 weeks which was the same time segment that our second miscarriage had occurred. I was devastated....I called my practitioner first thing Monday morning. They could not get me in for an ultrasound until today. At 10:45 this morning, we sat in the waiting room. I saw many women come in and out at different stages in their pregnancy...some who had just had their babies. My heart ached...I told Terry, I just did not want to be there. It was going to be devastating seeing our lifeless sack with a tiny little being in it with no beating heart. We saw this picture with our first miscarriage...and we were able to keep a photo of our sweet baby who was now in heaven. I began thinking of so many others who are struggling to conceive their own children. I prayed for them as their emotions are probably so beyond mine with devastation. I began thinking about sanctity of life. How so many people disregard this stage of a living child as not being a life. I was already so emotionally attached to this little one inside of me, how could others think any differently?? Many thoughts went through my head as we waited for our nurse to come get us....

We were called back into the room and I told her all that I was experiencing. She was very guarded and wanted to reassure us that no matter what happened it was going to be ok. I knew it would be...God is my God....He is in control of everything in my life. He gives and takes away....I know that. Whatever did happen...it was for a reason and Terry and I were both sure of that. Well....here is what we saw....

Our sweet little baby...flalling its arms arms and legs with a very strong beating heart. I began hysterically crying....we were so incredibly shocked and so humbly full of joy. Thank-you God for this little miracle in our life! The ultrasound tech measured the appropriate areas and our due date was right on. The heart rate was 169 which I guess was a good number. We are so incredibly thankful to have another little blessing in our life!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Jessica-
I am so excited for you two! God is GOOD!!! I will be praying that all continues to go well!

Sarah said...

oh my goodness Jessica!! How exciting! Congratulations to you guys! We'll pray that everything goes smoothly.

Phil and Beth said...

You had me thinking the whole time I was reading your post, without scrolling down further, that you were going to say you were having twins! I'm glad everything is just as it should be...thanks be to the Lord God Almighty! He is GOOD...All the time...All the time...He is good!

The Wright 5 said...

WOW...congrats guys! Isn't it just amazing how different God's plan can be from our own? Hopefully you get that boy...he came at the end for us!

Anonymous said...

Jess - I loved this post, but I too thought you were going to say that you were having twins. What a beautiful photo. Hmmm - blessings!
God bless - Lori

Anonymous said...

We're so excited for you Jess! Thanks for sharing your story...God is so good! Are the kids excited? I have to admit that I was hoping you were going to say twins!! I hear 6 kids is a pretty good number! :-) Congratulations!!!

Jessica said...

You guys are so funny....wow twins...I could not even imagine! I am changing my title:-) The second surprise I was talking about was our little scare that turned out to be fine...ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Kathi (Holleman) and I are at Cradle 'n All today and we just read your post! Another little one in the family for the big Easter Egg Hunt!

Tell Terry we said congratulations, too!

this is our life. this is our story. said...

Wow...I am sorry you had to experience that Jes. What fabulous news though that baby is doing well. We are so excited for you guys!