Sunday, January 26, 2014

Good-bye Facebook

I had contemplated getting off of Facebook for quite awhile.  The excuses just kept coming....it is a great way to communicate, it is nice to see what family is up to that is out-of-state, it is refreshing to get updates from the pages I "like", etc.  I did not realize how addicted I had been to it.  I would sit down to the computer and my fingers would just begin to type "Face.." in the webpage bar.  It's freeing being off.  My children had suffered.  So many times they would begin to tell me things and I would only half-listen.  Once I joined Facebook, my blog-posting completely disappeared.  I love going through previous posts and looking at our journey.  So...here we go again!  Thankfully this is not nearly as time-sucking as FB.  I can post my thoughts and be done with it.  :-)

One thing I miss about FB is sharing with friends and family what God is doing in our lives.  I am just in awe of who God is and His plans for us.  One of the biggest things Terry and I are learning is what it means to obey God.  There are things that He is asking us to do that are very difficult to fathom.  The verses that He keeps bringing to my mind are Isaiah 55:8-9

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, 
neither are your ways My ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts."

We had a meeting this past week.  Without getting into too many details, it was amazing.  Terry and I had been praying about this situation for months.  The time finally came to discuss a big decision for us.  Wow...there is no other place I would rather be, than entrusting every aspect of our life to the Creator of the Universe.  I am so excited to see where and how God leads us.

No comments: