"...I will tell you what someone just told me this morning. He reminded me that when we pray for that buyer to come, we must truly believe that God will send that buyer. We cannot pray for God to send a buyer and then speak worry and doubt about whether or not a buyer will come when we're talking to friends and family. We must not murmur about being stressed out; rather, we must focus on the strength God is giving us to tackle the task. His words of encouragement were a gentle rebuke to me, which I very much needed. I've been fighting myself on getting things done here so that we can aggressively market this home. I've been focused on every flaw in this house or on the property rather than meditating and speaking out what a beautiful place this is...and it is. And it's in a wonderful location. I've focused on the amount of work to be done being overwhelming rather than keeping a proper perspective and driving forward, pushing myself to accomplish things one step at a time. Be encouraged......Trust God to direct your plans and orchestrate every detail. He knows exactly what you need and when; our job is to ask him for what we need and/or want and believe Him to supply it according to His will. With God all things are possible!"
After yesterday, that was exactly what I needed to hear. We had gone into this decision pretty confident that these were the steps that God wanted us to take. There was a lot to do, but we were committed. All along we had said we were just going to keep taking one step at a time and turn when He wanted us to turn and stop when He wanted us to stop, keep going if we were suppose to keep going. Somewhere over the last couple of weeks, I lost my crutch that was holding me up. I mean, seriously, here I am 9 months pregnant and God has completely given me so much energy and motivation to do all the things we have done on our home. We have painted, decluttered, painted, organized, painted, thoroughly cleaned, and painted some more! The kids have been so patient and have entertained themselves quite well. I was completely focused and have trusted God for the strength each and every day. Thanks Aunt Nora for your encouragement.
God knows where He wants us. We need to keep trusting Him to get us there.
I will show some before and after pictures of our home later (sorry Les!). Our realtor has my little card and all my pictures are on there. God is so good....all the time.
3 comments:
Wow, I hope you house sells quickly too!! I needed to hear those words from your Aunt today!! Thanks so much for posting it :)
Praying with you! So excited to see where God takes you (as long as it isn't too far away :))!
It will all work out Jess. That was a neat email from Aunt Nora. Do you send her the link to your blog every once in a while? I am sure she would love to see it. Don't worry about posting pictures. We will be there now in less than a month.
Post a Comment