So, Terry and I have been toying with the idea of moving. I know I am nuts, three months before our baby will be here. What has been so neat, is watching the path being paved for us. So we are going to keep taking steps toward this decision until God tells us otherwise.
I love my house, and am so thankful that we have it. That being said...there have always been little things that bothered me. My kitchen was soo dark. Terry and have had cabinets in our garage for months, maybe even over a year...waiting to do our remodel. Instead we decided to sell them (craigs list is great!) and use that money to put in new flooring. Our existing cabinets were in great shape structurally so it would have been a shame to rip them out. We have decided instead to paint them white. This is our second set of cabinets we have painted....ugh!!!!!!! Don't do it!!! I told Terry I never wanted to paint cabinets again, we were just going to have to buy new ones once ours expired. Sanding, two coats primer and two coats of the semi-gloss. But.....they are turning out beautiful and I love them!!! Here is our kitchen before.
Here is our kitchen now, not quite done, a lot more to do...but wow, what an improvement!! Yes we are messy painters as you can tell from our counters. We decided to do just the upper ones and wait to do the lower ones until the floor is ripped out. I would cry if they were all beat up after the demolition.
Gotta get back to work! Terry is a slave driver....he is hard worker, and I appreciate that!
3 comments:
They are looking great Jess! Good for you...how productive! Just be careful to not breathe the fumes. Turn your heat up & open windows if you have to! Love Ya
Love it Jess! Keep up the great work...and tell that slave driver husband of yours to take it easy on the pregnant lady! ;)
They look fabulous. Let me know how I can help!
Post a Comment